Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FYI and Advice Please

I was lucky enough to get an on-line first-come-first-serve elk tag this past week. It is a late season archery tag for a bull 6-point or better, on at least on side. This hunt starts Nov 8th and runs for 5 days. (I know, I know, it is going to be a hard hunt - but hey, now I get to hunt elk this year) I have never hunted elk other than during the rut - does anyone have any tips on hunting bulls after the rut? Hope everyone is having fun hunting. Things around here are slow, only two of us in the office have harvested anything - a lot of animals but a lot of missing over here.
Thanks - Jacob (and I am really looking for a rag-horn 6-point verses a herd bull, but suggestions for anything will help)

2 comments:

Erich said...

Jake, they still will rut this time of year. With as litte wolf pressure down there, I would think that bugleing and cow calling would be effective. The bull will be looking for those late cows that didnt take on the first time or cycles are late. I have watch two bulls go at it this time of year in Utah. Sweet Score!

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Salt, lots of it.