Wednesday, November 19, 2008

No 6-points

Well, unfortunetly I was unable to find a 6-point - plenty of other bulls, including a couple of 5 points but no 6-points. I had a great time hunting, seeing 40 to 80 head each day but the big bulls were somewhere else. This picture is of a 4 and 5-point that I could have shot at a number of different times. I had bulls within 10 yards of me once and 40 a couple of times - fun stuff. The picture below was taken from the top of Pot Mountain looking across the Taos Plateau toward the Latir Wilderness and the Costilla Peaks on the New Mexico, Colorado border.

2 comments:

Aaron and Camile said...

Pretty sweet to get that close to big elk. Too bad none of the big bulls were around.

Anonymous said...

I would love to be within touching distance of an elk. never been elk hunting, but can't wait. To bad this winter did not work out, but hopefully the draw next year. Excited for you to come hunting in January!