Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chukar Hunting

I went to scout a couple of areas to chukar hunt on opening morning along the salmon river with a friend and his son. When I got ready to leave Kara wanted to go because she was having contractions, so we loading up and went. We found about 15 bird along the river due to the little rain for the last 2 weeks. We then went straight to the emergency room the have the kid. Had Jacob Gleckler at 12:55 and went home at 2:00am to sleep. Wife woke me up at 5:55 wanting me to still go chukar hunting. When I got up a wet cold front was moving through. Went to the areas that we had the night before and found nothing. I can't hike well because of my knee, so it looks like I will not be shooting very many birds this year.

1 comment:

New Mexican Youngs said...

I told Morgan that Kara let you go hunting the morning Jacob was born, and she couldn't believe it. Kara, is a good women. Also, it is nice that Kara came and brought Jacob along.