Thursday, September 3, 2009

Hunt begins, tragedy strikes again


My elk hunt started on September 1st and I couldn't find any bulls - we have been warm and I think that the bulls havn't gathered cows yet. But yesterday my bow string broke. So tomorrow I have to drive to Albuquerque (2.5 hrs each way) to get a new string put on and maybe I can go out again on Saturday. With Finneas only two weeks old it makes it hard to get out, but my mother in law may becoming this weekend and my parents maybe coming on the 9th so hopefully I will get out agian before my hunt ends on the 15th.

Oh, but the morning before my string broke I made a beautiful 20 yard shot on a magpie in the back yard. Sage and Keiger thought it was cool - Sage wanted to keep the bird "like a stuffed animal" but it went promptley to the trash - after a picture. I will post a picture of it later ;-)

Hope everyone is getting excited for your own hunts - go get 'em!

2 comments:

Camile said...

Too bad about your bow string!
My hunt starts General Conference weekend but I'm not going until the next weekend. We're going scouting again on the 19th of this month so hopefully we see some more critters.
Good luck with stuff.

Bro JDY said...

That is no fun about the bow string. At least you found someone to replace it. never heard the story about the magpie. I'll have to ask you about it next time we talk.